Le Musée d’Art et d’Histoire d’Orange, France, has restored its collection of pictures by Albert de Belleroche and renovated the galleries in which they hang..
The last two rooms on the second floor of the museum present paintings and prints by Albert de Belleroche and Frank Brangwyn donated to the museum by his son, Count William de Belleroche, in 1940. The collection consists of over 500 works by the two artists.
Albert de Belleroche was born in 1864 and entered Carolus Duran’s studio in 1882. It was here that he met the painter John Sargent Singer. De Belleroche frequented the Parisian cafés where he met Emile Zola, Oscar Wilde, Renoir and Toulouse-Lautrec. In 1900 he discovered the medium of lithography which was to become an essential means of expression for him.